Taekwondo, also known as Korean Karate, is a not only a self-defense martial art, but it is also an international martial sport. It is a kicking and striking art, but the art also includes take downs and throws.
Taekwondo is also tempered by the guiding principles of courtesy, integrity, self-control, perseverance, and indomitable spirit.
While we focus on learning self-discipline, sportsmanship, and self-defense, we still strive to have fun each and every time we step on the mat.
Check out the Class Schedule page to register for a free class. Choose from Taekwondo Basics, Mini-MuSool Taekwondo, or Open Taekwondo.
MuSool Hapkido is a system with roots in traditional Hapkido yet remaining open to the evolution that all martial arts must undergo over time. The curriculum is structured based on learner-based objectives and is divided into three levels of training:
- MuSool Hapkido Fundamentals – White belt through Green belt
- MuSool Hapkido Transitions – Green belt through Purple belt
- MuSool Hapkido Evolutions – Purple belt through Black Belt
We have classes for both Juniors and Adults. Check out the Class Schedule page to register for a free MuSool Hapkido Fundamentals class.
Jiu Jitsu Combatives
Jiu Jitsu Combatives at MuSool Martial Arts is a no-gi class for tween, teen and adult students. Students will learn self-defense components of Jiu-Jitsu as well as some sport aspects to keep the classes interesting, challenging and fun.
Check out the Class Schedule page to register for a free Jiu Jitsu class.
SHIELD Against Bullying
At MuSool Academy, we understand that bullying is a unique and growing problem across the country. In an attempt to help stand up to bullying, the SHIELD Against Bullying program is based on 5 important guiding principles:
- Safety – Stay safe, first and foremost.
- Help – Help others whenever possible.
- Involve – Involve parents, teachers, and other trusted adults.
- Educate – Educate yourself and others to recognize and help prevent bullying.
- Listen – Listen – really listen – to others who are reaching out for help.
- Defend – Use physical self-defense to stay safe as a last resort.
SHIELD Empowered – Women’s Self-Defense
The SHIELD Empowered – Women’s Self-Defense program gives you the tools to protect yourself when others threaten your safety.