5889 South Williamson Blvd (1313), Port Orange, FL 32128
Welcome to MuSool Martial Arts, where we provide the very best in self-defense instruction.
Our school opened its doors in the Port Orange area in 2001, and we are proud to be part of the community.
We have worked hard to build a martial arts academy with a fun, family atmosphere – all while maintaining our integrity and quality of instruction.
Call or email MuSool Martial Arts and a gift certificate will be emailed to you.
About Shelby Creech:
FOLLOW SHELBY ON HIS SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES Facebook.com/ShelbyTheBlueEyeSamurai
Shelby is a lifelong martial artist and was an international athlete turned coach, counselor, father and friend.
Martial Arts Career:
- Founder of MuSool Martial Arts 2001
- Co-Founder SHIELD Against Bullying
- Co-Founder SHIELD Empowered Women’s Self-Defense
- Co-Founder Fit for Duty Tactical Essentials Program
- Taekwondo 6th Dan Black Belt
- 1988 US Jr. Olympic Bronze Medallist
- 1989 AATU National Team
- 1993 US National Bronze Medallist
- 1993 US National “B” Team
- 1999 US Team Trials
- Hapkido 4th Dan Black Belt
- Chinese Kempo 1st Dan Black Belt
- Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt
Mental Health Career:
- Orange Park Medical Center 1997-1999
- Behavioral Health Unit Case Manager/Counselor 1997-1998
- Emergency Room Baker Act Evaluator 1998-1999
- Clay County Behavioral Health Center 1998-2000
- Outpatient Adolescent Counselor 1998
- Contracted Counselor to the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice 1999-2000
- Volusia County Schools
- Florida Department of Education Teaching Certification 2018
- Social and Emotional Learning Counselor 2018-2022
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor 2018 – present
When Shelby is not training on the mats, in the gym or on the Dunlawton Bridge in Port Orange running; he can be found on or in the water surfing, kayaking, or just swimming and hanging out with family and friends.
Here is what our student’s parents are saying about us!
Danielle Cinicolo We have been at Musool since my youngest was in kindergarten. Now he is a black belt and in middle school. Shelby provides a safe and worry free environment for the kids. Afterschool, spring break and summer camp Musool is always there. Cant say enough about this place. Highly recommend!
Kevin Wholly After strong word of mouth we decided to enroll my son into musool .. 4 years later I can’t say enough good things about musool or any of its programs .. My son went from wanting to learn martial arts to absolutely loving and dedicating himself to it.. Shelby Creech and crew make everyone feel welcome . The summer programs keep kids wanting to go back day after day into a safe and fun environment.. whether you’re looking for after school or just learning martial arts you have to give musool a try
Keith Earney Great school. Great instructor. Not just for the technique but the school also stresses the application by sparring. That’s where the rubber meets the road. My daughter loves it and has an AAU nationals gold medal to show for it.